The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys and interactions with us;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Tax file numbers and Government identifiers
We may collect information in relation to Government issued identifiers and identity documents such as information from your passport, citizenship, birth, marriage and death certificates for the purpose of verifying your identity.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you when you:
- sign up to receive our services or products; or
- interact with us, including when you use our Site.
We have collected or may also collect your personal information indirectly from third parties or our customers, to enable us to deliver our products and services.
COLLECTION, USE and disclosure OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to communicate with you, including in relation to updates and changes to any services or products which may affect you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes, including where required by law.
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you. You may ask us, at any time, to stop sending you marketing communications;
- to comply with our legal obligations including our obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- to resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting our compliance officer using the details below. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact our compliance officer using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you within a reasonable timeframe, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
You may also make a complaint about our handling of your personal information by submitting a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- using its online privacy compliant form
- by mail to:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
How we hold your personal information: STORAGE AND SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or loss of your personal information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. In some circumstances, your personal information may be stored by our third party service providers. Where this is the case, we have taken steps to ensure that your personal information that the third party service provider collects is secure.
STORAGE COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFS) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
OUR contact details
You may contact us by:
- calling the following numbers during standard business hours, or sending mail to:
|Sydney||Level 8, 118 Mount Street
North Sydney NSW 2060
Ph: +61 2 8039 6000
|Melbourne||Level 3, 533 Little Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: +61 3 9081 3480
|Perth||Level 8, 5 Mill Street
Perth WA 6000
Ph: +61 8 9674 9999
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES